Monday, March 5, 2012

Nostalgic Lacquer — Blane

Hey guys! I have another lovely polish from Nostalgic Lacquer for you today. It's the second of the three from the Bizarre Teenage Love Triangle.

Blane is a sheer pastel purple base packed with navy, purple, and sky blue glitters.  

Unfortunately, unlike Duckie, I did not have a light purple to layer this over so I used OPI Funky Dunkey and it didn't come out the way I'd like for it too. I didn't do a good base coat so my layers of Blane came out looking kind of streaky. That's also the downside of layering a light sheer colour over a dark colour.  I still love this colour and hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a light purple that will match with Blane's base more in the future but for now this is what I got!


Also because of the darker base the polish itself overall is darker. I still think this is a gorgeous colour and polish. Application was just as lovely as Duckie. I used 2 thin coats over my base and didn't have to fish for glitter. The glitter in Blane is a bit more dense than Duckie.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this! I did a ton of swatching yesterday so I hope to have the next couple of weeks full of posts (at least every other day). I also have my China Glaze Capitol Colors coming in today so I'll be super excited to swatch those!

Until next time~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment