Tuesday, February 28, 2012

China Glaze — Love Marilyn


Here's something that I have been meaning to post for a while. This was a quick manicure I did a while back.

China Glaze Love Marilyn (from the 2011 Eye Candy Collection) is a clear base with small red glitter and medium sized silver glitter. This is a gorgeous colour. I did layer this over another colour, but honestly I don't remember what is was. :/ It was some pinkish colour I have. It may have even been China Glaze 108 Degreez.




I think I did 3 coats of Love Marilyn over my base to create a more opaque look. Since this is a clear base glitter you do have to use a few more coats to create full opaque coverage. Well worth it though. This is a beautiful colour. I know a lot of people say this is comparable to the OPI Muppets Gettin Miss Piggy with it, but while I don't own that one, I can say that these are different. GMPWI has medium/large pink glitters mixed in with the red and silver glitter. And GMPWI doesn't seem as dense as Love Marilyn.

Anyway! I have the China Glaze Electropop and Capital Colors collections coming to me soon! (I had to wait to get my tax return to splurge!) So hopefully I can have some swatches of those to come. For now I'll try to dig around on my computer and see what I have to share. The weather has been so crappy for photos and I hate to waste overcast and rainy days on lovely holographic polishes that won't show their full potential.

Until next time~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment