Sunday, January 22, 2012

Barielle - A Bouquet for Ava w/ Finger Paints Motley


Barielle A Bouquet for Ava with Finger Paints Motley from the Special Effects collection.


Please excuse the quality of my photos. I tried my best to get them to be true to life colour wise, but it really just was not working for me. The best photo for TTL colour representation would be the second image.

*NOTE* All of my photos still have my tumblr watermark on them and I am just too lazy to change them out right now. Lol.



 (Click on the photos to view them larger.)

A Bouquet for Ava is a teal blue. Formula on this was really good. I used 2 thin coats for full opacity and it dried really fast.


I decided to try out the Finger Paints Special Effects that I got a week or so ago, and went with Motley since it's a blue/green flakie. Maybe not the best combo since the flakies get kind of lost on the nail. I'll have to try these over darker colours next time.


This went on well, though the flakies are a bit sparse on the brush. I used 2 coats of Motley over A Bouquet for Ava and then sealed it all up with a good coat of Seche Vite. For a subtle look, this isn't a bad combination though for something with a little more "oomph", I'll definitely have to go darker with the base colour.


Until next time~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment